Remrise versus the rest.
Solving sleep isn’t simple, and most conventional products work only superficially, if they work at all. Even worse, prescription and over-the-counter sleep aids often have big downsides, from side effects to long-term health risks.
Remrise couldn’t be more different. Our drug-free, plant-based formulas are personalized to you. By combining proven Chinese herbs with Western herbs and amino acids based on imbalances identified in your sleep profile, your Remrise formula will restore healthy sleep cycles, resulting in rejuvenating sleep, as well as balanced energy, metabolism and mood.
How does Remrise compare with prescription and OTC sleep drugs, as well as Melatonin? The differences are night and day.
Prescription sleep meds
Conventional sleep aids come with a number of short and long-term health risks. Plus, it’s quite possible that you won’t feel well-rested while taking them. Here’s the rundown on commonly prescribed sleep products.
There are two main types of prescription sleep drugs: benzodiazapene receptor agonists (BZRAs) like Valium, Ativan, and Halcion; and non-benzodiazapenes or “Z-drugs”, such as Ambien and Lunesta. What are the risks of taking them?
- They’re habit forming.
- These drugs are FDA-approved meant for short-term use only, but many use them for years as they tend to be habit forming. It’s estimated that 50-70% of people using these medications take them for decades.Research also indicates that doses are often prescribed at higher amounts than clinical guidelines recommend for safety.
- Clinically speaking, they don’t always work.
- BZRAs and Z-drugs both tend to lose their effectiveness quickly — and for many people, the only improvement they experience is via a placebo effect. When used for insomnia, BZRAs often begin to lose their effectiveness after around two weeks. Additionally, studies have found that only 1 out of 13 people taking classic sleep medications report an improvement in sleep quality.
- Both drug types are sedatives with a range of side effects, some serious.
- Immediate risks from Z-drugs include hallucinations and amnesia, where people do not recall events after taking the drug.
- Studies cite long-term risks, as well. Research shows a more than 40% increase in the likelihood of developing dementia for frequent users of these drugs, in populations including older white adults.
- Not surprisingly, these drugs carry the FDA’s strongest warnings in part due to the many incidents associated with these drugs, some of which have resulted in death.
OTC sleep aids
Over-the-counter sleep products found at the drugstore have a number of negatives. Typically, they contain antihistamines, the same active ingredient in cold and allergy medications. What’s so bad about them?
- You’ll wake up groggy and fatigued.
- OTCs will pretty much sedate you, so you’ll sleep, but you won’t get the restorative rest your body needs and will wake up groggy.
- They’re habit forming.
- Like prescription sleep drugs, OTCs are meant for short-term use, but often people end up taking them long-term.
- They have serious health risks.
- A recent study by JAMA neurology showed that long term use of anticholinergics, such as Benadryl, Tylenol PM, or Unisom, can cause higher risk of dementia or Alzheimer’s by 49%.
Melatonin may be the most common OTC sleep aid. It’s a natural hormone in the body, released by the pineal gland at night and responsible for regulating sleep-wake cycles. Is melatonin a good natural alternative?
- It helps — to a point.
- Melatonin is necessary but not sufficient for driving sleep. It tells your body when it’s time to go to sleep — such as if you’re traveling or working a night shift — but it won’t help you stay asleep.
- What’s really in that pill?
- Evaluations of OTC melatonin have found that concentration levels in some brands are 83% less than the values shown on the label. You simply don’t know how much Melatonin you are taking when you use Melatonin supplements
Remrise is plant-powered and pharma-free.
Remrise is purely plant-based and doesn’t contain any drugs. It’s designed to improve your sleep and your overall health, right away and over time. How is it different?
- No drugs, no side-effects.
- You won’t experience the negative side effects or health risks linked to BZRAs or Z-drugs.
- It’s not habit forming.
- Remrise is non-habit-forming and safe for short or long-term use.
- It goes beyond a one-night fix.
- We combine ingredients from nature in personalized formulas for great sleep tonight and better sleep over time.
- It restores healthy sleep.
- Remrise recovers your body’s natural sleep rhythms to immediately benefit your sleep and ultimately, your overall health and well-being.